grown in toil?

Woman of the soil –

I fade against a wall of human greed

and - sower of the seed –

I languish as it grows...

--

WHEN GENOCIDE BECAME "FAMINE" : IRELAND, 1845 - 1850

This petition seeks your support for a campaign to:

* Persuade relevant authors, editors and website content providers to stop using the word ‘Famine’ for what took place in Ireland between 1845 and 1850, and start using terms such as, "The Great Hunger" or 'An tOcras Mór

PETITION LINK- TO CHANGE THE WORD FAMINE http://www.petitions24.com/when_famine_became_genocide_ireland_1845_-_1850

March 30, 2010 at 1:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Seán Mac Eachaidh ( Seán McAughey )

A poignant poem depicting the lack of redemption and seems to invert the biblical parable "As you sow, so shall ye reap and applys this to Ireland's big hunger.  When it was the Irish which made ready the land and the crops yet reaped starvation, exodus and death.  The poems clearly depicts An gorta mor as a time in Ireland when the sheep held more status than the Irish land workers as the sheep were permitted to reap life  from the soil.  The Irish that worked and farmed the land  returned to the soil like humus. 

It is a short poem but filled with such depth and meaning.  I loved it thanks for posting it.

--

Mol an Oige agus tiocfaidh Sí - Praise youth and it is will come to bloom.. Flower..

April 26, 2010 at 12:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

SWIFTY
Site Owner

Yes these poems deliver an image that haunt you in every way , its the camera of the times 

--

WHEN GENOCIDE BECAME "FAMINE" : IRELAND, 1845 - 1850

This petition seeks your support for a campaign to:

* Persuade relevant authors, editors and website content providers to stop using the word ‘Famine’ for what took place in Ireland between 1845 and 1850, and start using terms such as, "The Great Hunger" or 'An tOcras Mór

PETITION LINK- TO CHANGE THE WORD FAMINE http://www.petitions24.com/when_famine_became_genocide_ireland_1845_-_1850

April 26, 2010 at 3:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.